Monument to Bolesław Wituszyński
Bolesław Wituszyński was born on April 27, 1912 in Leśniki, in the district of Garwolin. He graduated from the Technical School of Horticulture in Pszczelinie. In 1937 he was employed as a gardener in the Hertz family estate in Koserz near Krośniewice. In the following years he was the administrator of nurseries, and in 1938 he founded his own nursery. In the 1950s, he came to Kutno, where he founded and ran his own horticultural farm. At the end of the 1950s, the production of roses in his nursery counted several hundred thousand bushes per year, and thanks to the high-quality nursery material, it was known and appreciated not only in the country but also abroad. He maintained contacts with the world's largest rose breeders, ie Jackson & Perkins (USA), Kordes & Sohne (Germany), Tantau (Germany), and Strobl (Germany), De Ruiter (Netherlands) and McGredy (Ireland).
His creative achievements are mainly four of his own varieties of roses, ie: "Kutno" (1965), "Marylka" (1967), "Kopernik" (1969) and the unregistered variety "Leszek" (1980).
Together with his son Lechosław, he initiated the organization of rose exhibitions in Kutno. This includes he was the originator of today's Rose Festival, initially known as the Kutno Rose Fair. He was characterized by special care for the public space of Kutno. He flowered parks and street squares with roses, he cared for original trees. In terms of knowledge about roses, he always offered advice and help.
He received numerous awards and medals for his work and social activity.
Bolesław Wituszyński died on April 29, 1991 in Kutno.
On March 18, 2014, the Kutno City Council named him one of the streets of Kutno.